Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Eco-Kids Tuesday


Welcome to Eco-Kids Tuesday!!

My eco-happy idea came from Pinterest!
Very simple instructions... take the stump of Romaine lettuce and stick it in dirt.
A week or so later....



Another few days...


This is crazy!  It works!
I used organic lettuce, in organic soil.
I am going to let this one keep growing until it just starts to look like it is done...
I am very curious how big it will get!


Each week, you all bless me with all the wonderful links you share!
I visit each one and try really hard to comment, but sometimes fall short of that goal. 
But please know every link is greatly appreciated!

This Week's Features!
In two short weeks, we will be having 12 weeks of "Summer Camp" at our playschool.
We have been scouring blogs and Pinterest to find ideas to keep our kiddos busy! 
This week's features are ones we plan to add into our summer plans!


Preschool Powol Packets shared a really awesome Land Art Lesson!



For the Children shared Preschool Explorers!



Maros-Kindergarten shared her fun Games and Creations with Stones!



Teaching Mama shared Playing with Dandelions!



Our Playful Journey shared some Playdough Fun that we could do outside!





If you were featured please feel free to grab a button for your blog.  And please keep linking up great all your Eco-Kid ideas!


Like Mama~Like Daughter
Like Mama~Like Daughter


And now for this week's Eco-Kids Tuesday Link-Up!!
I hope that you'll share some great family-friendly posts that are also friendly for the environment.
Some ideas include:
  • Nature Activities
  • Outdoor Activities
  • Crafts made with re-purposed or recycled materials
  • Sewing and DIY home projects
  • Science Experiments
  • Posts on environmental issues for kids or families
  • Non-toxic living
  • Homeopathic Remedies
Eco-Kids Tuesdays is co-hosted by Organic Aspirations and Like Mama~Like Daughter this means that anything you link-up shows up on both blogs!

Feel free to link up several of your posts.

There are only a few rules:

Please follow both co-hostess' blogs, and visit some of the other posts and give them some encouragement!  Please stick to posts and photos not giveaways or items for sale.

By linking up, you are agreeing that Organic Aspirations or Like Mama~Like Daughter can feature your photos next week with a link back to your site.  

Please link back to my site using this button (once I get it fixed !!) OR simply text linking within your post!

Like Mama~Like Daughter

Like Mama~Like Daughter

11 comments:

  1. Oh...I've got to try growing lettuce like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I had know I idea you could do that with the Lettuce! We will need to try it too. Love your new pics on your header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had no luck with our lettuce seeds sprouting so I'm going to have to try this! Wish me luck! Thanks so much for hosting!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the romaine lettuce - I'm so sad I just tossed one into the compost a few days ago! Oh well - I know for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not see the code for the Eco Kids button. I wanted to link back with it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I have tried several tutorials to make it work and can't figure it out... sorry!

      Delete
  6. Wow, who knew that you could do that with a head of lettuce? Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is brilliant! Gonna have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried this too but I just stuck it in a glass of water in my kitchen window. We are amazed at the how much it has grown in just 2 days. The center has grown over an inch. My kids are amazed :) Well so am I! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very very much for featuring me!!!! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete