Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wonderfull (Full of Wonder) Wednesday


Looking for the wonder in everyday life! 
I'd love for you to join me on this journey. 
If you find wonder along the way, please leave a link in the comments,
so others can share in your wonder!


It's a wonderfull thing to find a salamander and get to make him your pet for a little while.


It is even more wonderfull to introduce him to your baby sister.
Even if she is still in mama's belly!


If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder without any such gift from the fairies, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in” ~ Rachel Carson






Linked up to~

10 comments:

  1. My mother in law used to find lizards for my boys. Lizards have this funny bite reflex, so she'd attach them to her ears by letting them bite her. The boys thought this was the coolest thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yikes! I bet they thought she was the coolest grandma ever!

      Delete
  2. Finding a salamander would be amazing! I have two boys and they would be over the moon begging to take it home. One of our favorite books is called The Salamander Room by Anne Mazer that I think your daughter would love, especially if she had a little salamander friend to share it with. Best wishes to you, especially being so close to having two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the book suggestion! I'll go take a look!

      Delete
  3. Now that is a really cool discovery and such beautiful words to go with your findings. thank you for sharing with me over on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a find and how kind to introduce to her baby sister x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea.
    http://pinkoddy.wordpress.com/2012/06/23/close-look/
    This is a baby ladybird - isn't it a wonder how much they change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love salamanders, too. Have you read The Salamander Room. Your post reminded me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky baby to have such a caring & thoughtful sibling waiting for her arrival! That says so very much. :)

    ReplyDelete